Home | Contact Us
Benedictine Sisters

Our Adoration and Relic Chapels are currently closed to the public.

You can visit here for a virtual tour of our Adoration Chapel.

Please call (660) 944-2221 for more information.


Adoration Chapel

This Chapel was built as a sanctuary of prayer dedicated to the worship and praise of God Most High. The Romanesque-style chapel was consecrated in 1911. The most prominent feature of the chapel is that of the mosaics depicting the life of the Blessed Mother and the mosaic of Christ the High Priest in the sanctuary. The high altar and side altars are decorated with mosaics, marble, onxy and
exquisite cloisonne.

We gather as a community in this prayer space five times a day to pray the Divine Office and
celebrate Eucharist.  We also use this chapel for exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every day.                      

Virtual tour

                                                                                         

 

 

Relic Chapel

This chapel opened as an auxiliary chapel in 1930 and contains over 550 first and second class relics of saints.  The largest relic is of the child martyr, St. Beatrice, from the catacombs in Rome.
 

We also have many beautiful vestments and altar pieces that were gifts or were hand-stitched by our sisters during the early years of our community. 

    

 See more